(BRIJ-et): (n.) power, strength, vigor, virtue
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- What is your full name?
My full name is, Bridget Yassme Abena Adarkwa and I really, really love it. I think my name is beautiful. It is what I am most proud of—it’s the way I carry my parents with me everywhere.
- Do you have a nickname?
I actually used to ask people to call me “Bre-Bre”—we thank God for growth. Now, most people call me by my social media name, “Queen Breej” or “Breej” for short.
- Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
Do I like the person??? Or like, not really?
- What is something most people don’t know about you?
Anime is my shit! My all-time favorite shows are “Inuyasha” and “Legend of Korra.”
I used to be a hard-core gamer. I was obsessed with the entire Sims franchise for years.
Every time I listen to a song, I always imagine myself as the lead girl in the music video for it.
- If you could have one new talent imparted on you such that you could perfectly perform it, what would it be?
Sing. No, wait—rap. And the streets would know me by something like B. Honey or Lil Bill.
- What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
I cut off all my hair yo.
- How would you describe your style?
Afro-glam, hood baddie (from NY).
- What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
- What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world?
Putting black women in power. Duh.
- If someone one gave you the power to save just one animal species on earth, which would it be?
- If you could go anywhere back in time, where would you go? Would you stay?
Has there ever been a time that it was safe to be black? A woman? Both?
- What do you most regret and wish you could re-do?
“You only regret the things you don’t do.” – Esther Armah
- Would you rather be really, really big or really, really small?
Really, really, small—nobody beating me at Hide & Seek.
- What motivates you?
…and an overwhelming obsession to help inspire change.
- What do you imagine sex is like for the opposite sex?
With me? Amazingggggg (Rihanna Voice).
- Do you think the best part of your life has already happened?
- If you won a large amount of money, would it make you happier?
Nah. Purpose, makes me happy. My closet would be fireeee though.
19. You can give one object (the same object) to everyone in the world. What is it and why?
- Do you have a favorite quote?
“Perhaps the butterfly is proof that you can go through a great deal of darkness yet become something beautiful.” – Beau Taplin
“Me, myself and I, that’s all I got in the end. That’s what I found out. And it ain’t no need to cry. I took a vow that I’m gonna be my own best friend.” – Beyoncé
“Went from ashy to classy.” – Biggie
“The forces that unite us are intrinsic and greater than the superimposed influences that keep us apart.” – Kwame Nkrumah
“Who needs hair when you look like Nefertiti?”
“Don’t be bitter, get better.” – Sean Diddy Combs
- What do you want people to know about you years from now?
Listen, I’m just tryna be timeless. I want to inspire people. I want to help people and encourage everyone to live their truth. I want people to talk about how smart I am and how cute my outfits are. I want someone centuries from now to say, “Yo, you heard of Bridget Yassme? That girl is love.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.